1. Having to boycott TV, radio and the Internet every time a new Harry Potter book came out so as not to spoil the story.
Graeme Robertson / Getty
2. Figuring out what your most flattering webcam angle was.
auremar / Shutterstock
3. But then not being able to flirt with boys on MSN because your mum wanted to use the phone.
4. The handle of your Jane Norman carrier snapping on the way to school.
5. Your Baby G being confiscated because it beeped on the hour, every hour.
6. Deciding which song reflected your personality enough to feature on your Myspace profile.
9. Getting lost because the directions you printed out didn’t include every street name.
10. Wearing your brand new yeti boots out in the rain and getting them muddy.
12. Not being able to find small enough batteries to replace the dead ones in your ring watch.
14. Your sister accidentally taping over the film you recorded on VHS.
IKasparus / Shutterstock
16. Not being able to see anything you’d written in your new banana gel pen.
17. Using these so much that your paper went kind of furry.
18. Deciding which CD to put in your Walkman for the school run.
20. Thinking that crimped hair would make you look like this…
Frederick M. Brown / Getty Images
22. Wearing so many hair clips that you got stuck to anything you leaned back on.
26. Having a slightly unusual name and being the only girl in the year without her name on her hairband.
27. Deciding which “So…?” body spray should become your signature scent.
29. Having to delete last week’s homework because your floppy disk was full.
Candace Hartley / Shutterstock